Saturday, August 9, 2008

Here Comes The Rain Again


Breakfast at Novotel (across the street from our apartment at Lee Gardens), a first for Beijing since my first morning in town: Rain!

It poured buckets for a few minutes, and now is a steady drizzle. It's a welcome cooler morning and I'm humming one of my favorite Eurythmics tunes.

Something else cool: My first ticket to an event! Some Olympic volunteers in the hotel after breakfast were giggling about an item that was handed to them before I walked up to get a map. Some nice person had just handed them a stack of gymnastics tickets for this afternoon! Two pins and about $25 (180 yuan) later, I emerged from the hotel with a cake event ticket (these babies are selling for more than $1,000 on eBay)!

Now before everyone starts giving me hard time for scamming these local volunteers, please note I did not take them for a ride. Rather, they kindly directed me to a ticket office near the hotel and that is where the purchase took place. I gave two pins to the helpful volunteers as a Xie Xie (shay-shay = thank you), and will blog about the women's gymnastics hall later.

Man, I love the Olympics!

No comments:

Blog Archive

Powered By Blogger
Web Analytics